Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS764277
Charthouse Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Education Assistant - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
Suitable applicants will ideally have sound communication and collaboration skills as they will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs and to implement individual or small group programs. We are seeking Education Assistants who have a positive attitude and possess the ability to adapt to change, showing initiative, flexibility and creative problem solving to produce the best opportunities for all students.
At Charthouse we care about each one of our students and focus on catering for their individual needs. We follow the Charthouse Way which is a whole school emphasis on what is important. By working as a team and committing to whole school approaches, we strive to improve academic achievement; social and emotional wellbeing; resilience; positive mindsets; and increase student engagement.
Student, staff, and parent voice is important in our joint undertaking to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment. Central to our learning environment is a calm predictable routine, with a number of health and well-being programs in place to support and motivate our students. These include a dedicated engagement program; a daily chill out zone; fortnightly clubs based on student interest; breakfast club; mindfulness programs; sporting, technology, and sustainability activities; and our highly valued therapy dog program.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Charthouse Primary School can be found by visiting www.charthouseps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Sarah Merks, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9591 7900 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.