Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH764920
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2023
Are you looking to live, laugh and learn with every child to support and challenge their personal best in an inclusive community?
Are you ready for an exciting challenge? Are you prepared to innovate? Do you like to collaborate? Do you have a growth mindset with high expectations of yourself and those around you? Do you possess high level interpersonal skills?
If you are ready to prove it, read on!
Meadow Springs Primary School (PS) is seeking an exemplary Teacher – Languages - Indonesian.
The successful applicant will ideally display their proven impact on student success through curriculum delivery, pedagogical practices and the ability to create effective conditions for learning, while being able to project into the context of Meadow Springs PS.
Celebrating being two schools, one community, Meadow Springs PS shares a site with Meadow Springs Education Support Centre. Both schools were opened in 2012 and have been established with a positive approach to an inclusive learning community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Meadow Springs Primary School can be found by visiting www.meadowspringsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Troy Withers, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9584 7400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current principal and /or line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements; and
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 10 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.