Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS759673
Rangeway Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
To be suitable for this role you will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
Rangeway (PS) is an Independent Public School located in the regional town of Geraldton, Western Australia. We run classes from Kindergarten to Year 6.
At Rangeway (PS), we turn challenges into opportunities and focus on developing academic improvement and social and emotional wellbeing of our students.
Rangeway (PS) will provide a quality education in a caring and supportive learning environment that enables all students to become lifelong learners who contribute positively to society.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Rangeway Primary School please visit Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Narelle Cocking, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Rangeway, by telephoning (08) 9968 1700 or emailing Narelle.Cocking@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception Rangeway Primary School, 4 Cassia Street, Rangeway before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 12 August 2022
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED