Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS760542
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022.
Kelmscott Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a friendly and dedicated School Officer to join their Administration team.
As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, responding to routine enquiries and requests for information, and undertaking other reception duties as required. This position requires sound skills using word processing and data software packages, therefore knowledge of Student information systems (SIS), Integris and RM Billing would be advantageous.
You will ideally possess effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. The successful applicant will provide general clerical and administrative support as required and work effectively as part of a highly effective team.
The successful applicant should have strong organisational skills, the flexibility to move between tasks, prioritising tasks and the ability to effectively deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment. You should also have strong attention to detail and work well within a team environment. You will ideally have strong organisational and communication skills and should be efficient, punctual, willing to learn and able to maintain confidentiality.
Our school aims to ensure every student becomes a confident and successful learner capable of achieving their own educational goals as we prepare them to meet the challenges of the future and become positive contributors to their community. Students at our school have a diversity of backgrounds and we celebrate this diversity as a proud Independent Public School.
Kelmscott SHS is a school of opportunity for students offering endorsed Specialist Programs in Agriculture, Music and the Gifted and Talented Secondary Selective Entrance Program. The school also offers a range of Kelmscott Extension Programs (KEP) in Mathematics, Science, English and Humanities and Social Sciences. We are only one of two schools to provide Gifted and Talented online to rural areas. Our school has a proud reputation of promoting students to be active citizens at the local, state, national and international levels. Students at our school have a diversity of backgrounds and we celebrate this diversity as a proud Independent Public School.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kelmscott Senior High School can be found by visiting www.kshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Lexie Johansen, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9495 7400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.