Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS757492
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Narrogin Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a committed and enthusiastic School Officer to join their team.
As School Officers are the first point of contact for staff, students and visitors to our school, you will ideally be confident, organised and approachable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as interactions with staff, students and parents, will be a regular aspect of a school officer’s role. As the successful applicant you will also ideally possess good teamwork skills, be self-motivated and have the capacity to be flexible working in a team oriented working environment.
We are seeking someone with a thorough understanding on how to apply high levels of customer service principles and practices, possess exceptional communication and clerical skills and be a supportive, capable team member. We are looking for individuals who have the skills to carry out a variety of tasks undertaken by school officers working in high school environments.
Responsibilities may include:
- Management of attendance data entry to ensure daily attendance reporting compliances are met
- Ensure school databases; records and management information systems are accurate, up-to-date and routinely maintained.
- Attendance reports distributed according to schedule
- Assist with coordinating school events and activities.
As School Officers can be assigned different duties over time, applicants should possess an eagerness to take on the challenge of learning skills should the need arise.
The successful applicant will possess good interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with our administrative team.
All Professional staff at Narrogin SHS make an important contribution to student progress and achievement through the support of school management, teaching practice and the maintenance of positive relationships with students, parents and the community at Narrogin SHS.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Narrogin Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Peter Trefort, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9881 9300 or emailing Peter.Trefort@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 16 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.