Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS765333
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022 with possible extension and/or permanency
South Coogee Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and organised Network Support Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the school’s Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) network and systems, for both educational and administration purposes. You will set up and maintain an asset replacement program. Provide advice and training on technical issues associated with ICT, provide input on system enhancements in line with the Department of Education (DOE) requirements and policies. You will liaise with DOE ICT department when required.
The successful applicant should have the ability to problem solve and provide innovate solutions. Ideally, you will be well organised and experienced in reviewing and improving ICT infrastructure and resources. Key to this role is the successful applicant, a proactive worker who will improve our systems and network. They should be able to articulate to the finance and ICT committee what the school needs are and set plans in place for these to be realised.
South Coogee PS is proud to be an Independent Public School. It caters for around 480 children from Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located approximately 13 km south of Fremantle. The school buildings are modern, grounds are attractive and classrooms are spacious and designed to promote collaborative teaching and learning practices. We have a strong focus on whole school Literacy, Numeracy and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs. Our teachers seamlessly integrate ICT across the curriculum and have access to a wide range of innovative resources. Students in the Early Years use iPads and learning programs include a wide use of digital technologies.
South Coogee PS has a supportive, experienced, competent and collaborative staff. Special programs at our school include Visual Arts, Physical Education, Design Technology, Language(s) (Indonesian), Music, Choir, Drama, , Runners Club and Instrumental music for identified students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- Organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about South Coogee Primary School can be found by visiting southcoogeeps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Amy Dawson, Associate Principal on (08) 6174 1500 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 9 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.