Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP765442
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
Connolly Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated Associate Principal to join our leadership team.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the leadership team, the Associate Principal provides educational leadership in curriculum and student engagement in the school and the community, by developing and promoting the school vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness.
We are seeking a passionate educator, committed to making a difference in the lives of our students. The successful applicant will exhibit a clear understanding around the whole school improvement agenda, with a focus on student achievement and progress. In this role you will provide instructional leadership enabling staff to implement the strategies outlined in the Connolly PS Business Plan. You will lead the development of a culture of continuous improvement that includes the systematic and unrelenting focus on data analysis, using a disciplined dialogue approach to inform consistent, evidence-based teaching practices in all classrooms.
The successful applicant should be highly capable in leading teaching and learning. Ideally, you will also have excellent and innovative planning and monitoring skills, and be able to apply high levels of professional understanding to effectively support the Principal, Leadership Team, and School Board to develop strategic vision and planning for ongoing school improvement
As an Independent Public School, we have a strong sense of nurturing, inclusiveness, and community. We strive to provide our students with a quality educational environment to empower each child to grow academically, socially, and emotionally. At Connolly PS we place a strong focus on developing and supporting each child to reach their potential.
Catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6, our students are provided with excellent educational opportunities designed around their individual needs. We offer specialist programs in Physical Education, Science, Music, and Japanese.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Connolly Primary School can be found by visiting connollyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact David Womersley, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6206 3200 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.