Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS764156
Ballajura Community College (CC) is seeking to establish a pool of Public Servant School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
Initially this recruitment process will be used to fill a permanent 1.0FTE vacancy at the College in the VET & Careers Office commencing as soon possible.
Ballajura CC is looking for a dynamic, confident, and highly organised Public Servant School Officer to join their friendly team. Suitable applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the College's marketing, financial, physical, and human resources.
As School Officer, you will be responsible for completing a wide range of administrative duties, therefore knowledge of word processing and data software packages is essential. As the first point of contact for staff, students, and visitors to our College, you should be confident, articulate, organised, and approachable.
A School Officer undertakes administrative support duties which may include: student reception duties; cashier; invoice payments; ordering; undertaking stocktake; processing student enrolments; logging facilities and maintenance requests; organising work placements for students; assisting with student related activities such as excursions, incursions, general student correspondence, medical and health updates, and student attendance records.
Suitable applicants should possess the ability to prioritise tasks and assist others whilst liaising with a range of visitors, students, and staff. Suitable applicants will work effectively and efficiently in a collegial, open plan office environment. Therefore, the ability to multitask and manage the pressure of working in a busy, open plan office is highly desirable.
It would be desirable for applicants to have a good working knowledge of systems used in a public high school setting such as RM Finance, RM Billing, Assets, Resources, and Hardcat. However, as Ballajura CC is just one of two public schools to use MAZE and SEQTA as its student, financial, and student management systems, applicants that possess a current working knowledge of these systems and the connectivity between these systems within a secondary high school context will be considered highly desirable.
Our College provides a high-quality educational experience for all students and has remained committed to providing a range of flexible programs catering for all student interests, needs and abilities.
Ballajura CC’s flexibility in curriculum provision, our vibrant engaging environment, and our focus on learning and teaching, provides our students with the opportunity to achieve excellent educational outcomes and the skills to move into further education and training or directly into the workplace.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ballajura Community College can be found by visiting bcc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Rebecca Treloar-Cook, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9262 7777 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday 12 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.