Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS760694
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
About the Role
As a cleaner you would support the Department of Education’s main objective of teaching and learning of students by ensuring our school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, the successful applicant would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. During vacation times, you will also undertake the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will ideally be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
About our School
Newman Primary School (PS) is a vibrant learning community located in the town of Newman in the East Pilbara region, approximately 1200 kms from Perth. Newman PS is ideally located adjacent to the central business area of Newman and close to many town amenities. We are an Independent Public School, enabling localised planning and decision making to improve the outcomes for all.
Our culture of responsibility, accountability and care align with our vision of 'we are committed to providing a holistic, relevant and targeted education for each child that will provide them with a strong foundation for future learning in a rapidly changing and diverse society. Our actions are guided by the four elements of the Newman PS code- cooperation, respect, responsibility and safety.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Newman Primary School please visit www.newmanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Linda Cook, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Newman, by telephoning (08) 9154 3900 or emailing Linda.Chalk@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 26 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.