Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE759901
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
Who are we looking for?
The Teach in WA team is seeking to recruit a highly flexible and collaborative Project Officer who enjoys building strong relationships at every level.
Our team promotes a career in teaching, positions the Department as the employer of choice and through initiatives such as our Leap program, supports principals to find the right teachers at the right time.
Teaching opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), secondary schools and regional, rural and remote locations will be a major focus for Teach in WA over the next 3-4 years.
The successful applicant will support the other Leap team members by managing the administration of the Leap program and building strong relationships with key stakeholders. You will be responsible for responding to both phone and email queries and providing advice on matters relating to the Leap program and teaching with the Department.
About the role
The role of our Leap Project Officer is detailed in the attached Job Description Form. Each one of our team members work on cross-team projects and attend and present at events that promote careers in public schools.
Daily activities will include working on the Leap Program:
- managing phone and email customer enquiries from teacher applicants and other stakeholders. Providing advice and information on the Program, including eligibility, course overviews and other general queries;
- building and maintaining effective working relationships
- providing and managing course documentation
- managing event planning and setting up of facilities
- maintaining databases, records, and other correspondence management; and
- maintaining financial records and processing.
The Leap Program supports teachers to take part in Department funded training to obtain a further qualification to teach in additional specialist areas. The program aims to increase the supply of qualified teachers in learning areas of need and allows teachers to expand their teaching skills and knowledge.
Leap offers a variety of courses delivered through Western Australian universities in Graduate Certificate or short course format. We also offer a range of internal Department short courses developed and delivered by some of our current and former expert teaching staff.
You are encouraged to click here to view additional information on the Leap program, including FAQs, eligibility requirements, how to apply to Leap, current course offerings and Leap teacher success stories.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Well developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work within a team environment and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels and in a variety of contexts.
- Well developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply a customer focussed service to stakeholder enquiries and operational requirements.
- Well developed computer application skills, including a working knowledge of word processing and development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities to meet conflicting timelines.
- Sound administrative and financial management skills with the ability to interpret, report and apply financial practices and procedures.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Rebecca Cornthwaite, A/Leap Program Coordinator - Attraction and Retention by telephoning (08) 9264 5291 or emailing Rebecca.Cornthwaite@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Monday, 15 August 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.