Level 5 PSCSAA $90,047 - $98,994 per annum
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only state-of-the-art Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
The ICT Security Administrator manages the Cyber security of VenuesWest data, networks and systems, proactively monitoring the system, identifying threats and vulnerabilities; stays abreast of current ICT Cyber security threats and makes recommendations for prevention of security issues. They are a Subject Matter Expert on Cyber Security and CCTV Applications; Milestone; Geutebruck, IEEE 802.x., Microsoft SIEM, Essential 8, CCTV Technology, Airwatch, Fortinet firewalls, VPN and user authentication including single sign on.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the role partners with the business to understand business needs; communicate and educate on changes and updates; provide ICT advice and assist in the architecting of systems while identifying opportunities for improvement.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity. While the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mt Claremont, mobility may be required between the portfolio of facilities.
VenuesWest is supportive of a healthy work/life balance and offers with this role a full gym and aquatic membership as well as discounts on our programs and purchases in the cafés.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Free use of the creche for up to 3 hours per visit (up to 12 hours per week)
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
About the Person
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated working knowledge in the administration and Cyber security of medium scale Microsoft operation and application software as well as local and wide area networks.
They will have a key role in providing high level advice on ICT Cyber security issues and will need to possess high level interpersonal and verbal communication skills. The ability to consult with key parties and understand their respective business needs is vital. The position will be heavily customer service focused and this will include being able to identify and implement innovative and creative ways to improve Cyber Security and CCTV and overall services provided for customers.
In order to partner with the business, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, and consulting with the business on ICT related information and initiatives that enable business success.
Qualifications / Certifications
- Working towards or completion of a Tertiary Degree in ICT.
- Certifications in Information Systems and Cyber Security Administration.
- ITIL (Information Technology Service Management) Certification.
For any further job related information please contact Ian Millar on email@example.com
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position you must submit a:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the following essential capability in the context of this position:
- Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in:
- the administration of medium scale Microsoft operation and application software and local and wide area networks;
- administration of the security of these systems including proactively identifying threats and vulnerability and knowledge of security policies and processes.
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role on page 3.
Remember to check the closing date and time for the job you are applying for, as the onus is on the applicant to ensure it is lodged correctly with all attachments and is received on time!
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
The capabilities detailed in the Job Description outline the minimum requirements for the role in terms of qualifications, experience, skills and attributes for this role.
The selection panel will shortlist based on the capabilities detailed in the application section of this advertisement. Should you be shortlisted for interview you will be assessed on all the essential capabilities detailed in the job description.
A selection panel will consider all the elements and information gathered through the recruitment process to determine the most suitable candidate.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
VenuesWest will utilise this recruitment process to place suitable applicants in a pool for a six month period from which fixed-term and permanent appointments may be made.
- application guide - permanent fixed term positions - 2018 05.pdf
- jdf - bss - ict - security administrator - 01317 - 2022 07 im.pdf
- workforce plan - policy - recruitment - fact sheet - equal opportunity act section 51 - 2019 07.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Full Time
2022-08-10 5:00 PM