Level 6 VWGA $68,541 - $73,951 per annum
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 13 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to undertake mechanical and general repairs and maintenance activities to maintain efficiency and high-quality presentation of our venues.
This is a permanent opportunity working full-time (38 hours per week).
Overtime and out of hours allowances are applicable.
Whilst the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont, mobility is required between the portfolio of facilities.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Free use of the creche for up to 3 hours per visit (up to 12 hours per week)
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
About the Person
The successful person will have demonstrated hands-on experience in general mechanical repairs including gas and arc welding and minor fabrication work and in mechanical fitting to strip down, rebuild and maintain various mechanical and hydraulic service systems.
The role requires the ability and initiative to problem solve and propose solutions in the operation of building services systems, plant, and equipment.
Skills and attributes in organising and rescheduling work priorities, completing tasks successfully and building and maintaining relationships are also important for this role.
For any further job-related information please contact Facilities Manager Chris Dark on (08) 9441 8358.
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position, you must submit a:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the following essential capability in the context of this position:
Demonstrated experience and sound skills in general mechanical repairs (including experience in gas and arc welding and minor fabrication work) and mechanical fitting skills (for example, stripping, rebuilding, and maintaining various mechanical service systems including pumping equipment).
A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role.
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step-by-step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
- Current WA Driver’s License (C Class minimum)
- WorkSafe ‘License to Perform High Risk Work’ for Forklift (FL); or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencement
- WorkSafe ‘License to Perform High Risk Work’ for Elevated Work Platform Boom Type (WP); or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencement)
- WA Construction Industry Induction White Card: or capacity to complete within 1 month of commencement.
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D); or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencemen.t
- Gas Test Atmospheres (MSMWHS217), or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencement.
- Handle dangerous goods/hazardous substances (TLID2003), or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencement.
- Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D); or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencement.
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Certificate: or capacity to obtain within 3 months of commencement.
- Operate and Control Liquefied Chlorine Gas Disinfection or Work Safely with Liquefied Chlorine Gas Certification; or capacity to complete within 3 months of commencement.
Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
VenuesWest will utilise this recruitment process to place suitable applicants in a pool for a six-month period from which fixed term and permanent appointments may be made.
- jdf - pm - facilities - mechanical maintenance officer - 03402 03403 - 2022 07.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader
Permanent - Full Time
2022-08-12 5:00 PM