Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS761689
Victoria Park Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated school officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2023.
Suitable applicants should ideally have a focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative and model excellence in customer and administrative support service delivery. They should have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
Suitable applicants will be required to support the Manager Corporate Services in the delivery of school database systems information, student support processes, student records, reporting, enrolments, marketing and accounts payable or receivable. Experience with EFTPOS (Electronic Funds Transfer at Point Of Sale) banking, Individual. The ability to manage and initiate website updates and School Stream is highly desirable.
Victoria Park PS is an inner city school situated near the Swan River in Victoria Park, some five minutes from the city. The school was opened in 1894 making it one of the oldest built by the Department of Education.
Due to its historical significance the buildings at Victoria Park PS have been heritage listed by the Heritage Council. Victoria Park PS has a multicultural student population.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Victoria Park Primary School can be found by visiting www.vicparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Deb Eke, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9216 4900 or emailing Deborah.Eke@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 19 August 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.