Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH759736
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 3022
Are you motivated by the opportunity to make a huge difference?
Narrogin Senior High School (SHS) is an Independent Public School seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, qualified, creative and innovative Design and Technology Teacher who has the ability to work closely with students, colleagues and the community to achieve the best possible outcomes for each and every student.
Narrogin SHS has an improvement agenda focused on improving student outcomes through consistent approaches to pedagogy and positive behaviour strategies. We require teachers who value and can build strong positive relationships with students and the community, so we are looking for applicants who can work effectively with all of our stakeholders to achieve the best educational outcomes for students. Our school has a very welcoming and supportive staff who work together to improve the learning outcomes of all students. A strong professional learning and coaching program supports new staff to grow their skills and many opportunities to attend professional learning are provided. Facilities are outstanding with Woodwork, Metalwork, and Engineering workshops along with computing labs to assist our students with a range of experiences. If you are an aspiring leader – this position will also suit due to the scope of growth available in this role.
Ideally the successful applicant will have proven experience (or agree to develop including LEAP program in Design & Technolgy), the following attributes:
- Interpersonal skills and capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Capacity to build positive relationships with all students
- Commitment to the school’s journey in implementing High Impact Teaching strategies (HITS)
- Engage in reflective practice, informed by classroom observations, student feedback surveys and close examination of student performance data
- Capacity to plan curriculum including scope, sequencing and lesson design collaboratively
- Strong teaching and classroom management skills incorporating Classroom Management Strategies (CMS)
- Data analysis skills and evidence based planning to improve student outcomes.
- Innovative use of ICT in the classroom
Narrogin SHS is situated in the heart of Western Australia's rich agricultural area and with over 600 students we are the largest Senior High School in the region, with three local feeder primary schools and TAFE that work closely with the school. Narrogin is a major service and educational centre approximately two hours’ drive (193 km) from Perth and has the convenience of a country town with the benefits of a regional city. The town’s motto Love the Life is true to form with many activities and events for everyone to enjoy.
The nostalgic two storey structure of the school has pride of place in the town and has been built on the highest point in the district with sweeping views of the town and the hinterlands. An extensive building program has resulted in a new Hospitality Trade Training Facility, a new Administration building, and new state of the art Music and Performing Arts centres. Narrogin SHS also draws students from all directions including: Boddington, Wickepin, Pingelly and Wagin.
Narrogin SHS is a genuine comprehensive educational institution. It has a strong academic focus reflecting the aspirations and desires of its contributory community; an outstanding sporting record, as evidenced by on-going success at Country Week and other sporting carnivals; and a long standing commitment to a robust ATAR program.
Appointed applicants are eligible for subsidised quality housing and relocation costs such as:
- 10 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation
- Free relocation of household items and depreciation costs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Narrogin Senior High School can be found by visiting www.nshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Sandii Stankovic, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Narrogin, by telephoning (08) 9881 9300 or email email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Sandii Stankovic on 0414 345 292.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 July 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.