Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS753316
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
WA College of Agriculture – Cunderdin (WACOA – Cunderdin) is looking for a dedicated and experienced - Cleaner In Charge who takes pride in presenting our College.
The Cleaner in Charge will organise and supervise College domestic staff (cleaning duties) whilst undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas which covers the areas of Trades, Farm, School and Residential.
The successful applicant will liaise with Manager Corporate Services or delegate on all College and residential hostel cleaning matters whilst provide on the job cleaning induction training for new domestic staff (cleaning duties).
WACOA – Cunderdin provides Year 11 and 12 students with a unique educational experience focused on innovation and excellence. The College is located adjacent to the Wheatbelt town of Cunderdin, 2 hours east of Perth and 45 minutes from Northam. Students are offered the opportunity to achieve the best possible educational outcomes within the context of a commercially operating farm, state of the art trade training workshops and a 134 bed residential facility.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about WA College Of Agriculture – Cunderdin please visit www.cunderdinag.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Yvonne Bopp, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cunderdin, by telephoning (08) 9635 2100 or emailing Yvonne.Bopp@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Yvonne Bopp on 0438 401 327.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A no more than three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 July 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.