Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS754923
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Canning College is seeking to appoint a dedicated Administration Assistant to join their team.
As our Administration Assistant - you will be responsible for reception duties, monitoring of student attendance, generating routine reports, queries, lists and other information from the college databases including School Information System (SIS) and Reporting to Parents. This will include responding to enquiries and requests for information from prospective and existing students, parents and education agents.
Other responsibilities of this role may include providing administrative support for student experience activities and assistance in updating the College website.
The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to collaborate with others in a team environment.
Ideally, you will possess well-developed skills in Word, Excel, and be knowledgeable in Access which are part of the Microsoft Office Suite. Sound written, oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and provide customer-focused services will also be highly desirable. Finally, the ability to work independently or in a team environment to meet planned outcomes in a timely manner will be advantageous.
Canning College is an Independent Public School and is the leading provider of international education within the Department of Education Our College provides a unique suite of curriculum providing various pathways to university. We offer Year 10, Year 11, Year 12, Western Australian Universities’ Foundation Program, Certificate IV, Diploma of Commerce, and Bridging preparation courses. Canning College has an outstanding record of achieving high level academic success and quality university placements for international students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Well developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels and from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience in administrative functions.
- Keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of word processing, databases, spreadsheets, digital design and social media content creation.
- Initiative and good organisational skills with the ability to work with minimum supervision to meet conflicting timelines.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Canning College please visit canningcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jeanette Pol, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9278 3500 or emailing Jeanette.email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Jeanette Pol on (08) 9278 3500
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by departmental policy
- Complete the department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.