Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA757510
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Canning Vale College is seeking to appoint a strategic, and committed Program Coordinator to join our friendly team.
If you are an innovative, emotionally intelligent, and proactive individual with a proven ability to lead staff to support students and families in an Education Support context, we encourage you to apply. The successful applicant should have academic qualifications in Education Support.
The successful applicant will be establishing our Education Support Hub, which will be opening in 2023. The Education Support Hub is a Department of Education (DoE) endorsed Education Support program and will be, whenever possible and appropriate, inclusive.
To be successful in this role, it is desirable that you exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills with students and possess the ability to support students with low to moderate education support needs. The successful applicant should have experience in Educational Support operations including Reporting to Parents (RTP); Special Educational Needs (SEN) reporting; Disability Resourcing; relevant policies and processes, and non-teaching staff management. A significant advantage would be experience in liaising with various external agencies and service providers. Knowledge, expertise, and experience in the management of an Education Support setting will be advantageous for this role.
Initially, this position will be non-teaching for 2023, with the subsequent appointment of a Level 4 Associate Principal for 2024. In 2024, the Level 3 Program Coordinator may have a teaching requirement of up to 0.5 FTE for possibly two years until the program enrolments grow. Once the program is established the Level 3 Program Coordinator will revert to a non-teaching position, significantly supporting teachers in the Hub and mainstream with curriculum differentiation and inclusion for students with disabilities.
As a Program Coordinator at Canning Vale College, you should possess a high level of interpersonal skills enabling you to build professional relationships with staff to model and promote a culture of professional performance, providing mentoring and coaching where appropriate. Your interpersonal skills will be utilised to build partnerships with parents, therapists, and within networks and the wider college community.
As a member of the college’s Senior Leadership team the successful applicant will work closely with the Principal and Executive team to support whole school strategic direction.
A deep knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum and best practice in teaching will allow the successful applicant to lead school improvement alongside teams of educators to ensure students make year-on-year progress.
Canning Vale College is an Independent Public School located in Canning Vale. The school caters for all students with a comprehensive range of courses and pathways to best meet the needs and interests of all students. The school has high expectations of students and fosters success. Students are encouraged to “Create Futures”, which is our college motto.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Canning Vale College can be found by visiting cvc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Bottcher, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9334 9000 or emailing Paul.Bottcher@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Paul Bottcher on 0409 372 653.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to
- commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.