Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS756838
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Kojonup District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Home Economics Assistant to join their friendly team.
Under the direction of the teacher, the Home Economics Assistant will assist in the delivery of planned education programs and implement individual and small group programs or demonstrations.
They will be required to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assist the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. They will also check all equipment and report any discrepancies to the Home Economics Teacher.
The successful applicant will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and school excursions along with assisting with the general care and wellbeing of students. The successful applicant will be required to work effectively in a team environment and should have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with students, parents and teaching professionals on a regular basis
Growth through Learning is our vision at Kojonup DHS and it is embedded in everything that we do. At our school, we ensure that every student's academic, social and emotional growth is our priority. Students from Kindergarten to Year 10 work in an environment that nurtures them to achieve their personal best.
We have a proud history and have served our community since 1863. Located on the Albany Highway between Perth and Albany, our 230 students have the added bonus of a 480 acre school farm close by.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kojonup District High School can be found by visiting Kojonup District High School (kojonupdhs.wa.edu.au) or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Courtney Toland, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kojonup by telephoning (08) 9831 3300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.