Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE748616
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Role and our Branch
The Asset Planning and Services Branch is seeking to appoint a highly organised and efficient Administrative Officer to their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will arrange meetings, prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes, format documents for external presentation and undertake follow-up actions when required. You will respond to telephone calls, visitor enquiries, diary appointments, e-mail and other communications while maintaining a focus on customer service delivery and continuous improvement of services.
As the Administrative Officer you will not only maintain an effective correspondence tracking and filling system for corporate information and records. You will also undertake payments of accounts, credit card reconciliation and purchasing requirements and be responsible for maintaining financial data, assist with budget preparation and prepare expenditure reports.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated experience in clerical and general administrative duties.
2. Demonstrated experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
4. Demonstrated sound keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Anna Brown, Director Asset Planning and Services by telephoning (08) 9264 4010 or emailing Anna.Brown@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A one (1) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesdy, 6 July 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.