Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS755044
This is a permanent part-time (0.69FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Queens Park Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an organised, dedicated, and motivated Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly and supportive team.
As a team leader, the successful applicant will ideally have good communication and interpersonal skills. The successful applicant will lead a team of cleaning staff to ensure the school environment is maintained in accordance with Department of Education policies and procedures. You should have a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment, products and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
You will also provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns. You will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources.
The successful applicant will be responsible for opening and closing the school, including setting the security alarm system, carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other general cleaning. You will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs.
Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
Queens Park PS is an Independent Public School with a rich history of providing quality public schooling since 1905. For over 110 years we have educated, inspired and nurtured. Our wonderful teachers and support staff are all dedicated to ensuring students develop the understanding, skills and attitudes relevant to their individual needs.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Queens Park Primary School can be found by visiting queensparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Samantha Redhead, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9278 3750 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of no more than three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, July 1 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.