Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS756944
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Leeming Senior High School Education Support Centre (SHS ESC) are seeking a welcoming and collaborative School Officer to join their team.
We are looking for self-motivated applicants who can use their initiative and work both independently and collaboratively within a team. Good interpersonal and communication skills are desirable along with the ability to establish positive working relationships with all members of the school community including students, staff and families.
The School Officer is responsible for completing a variety of administrative duties which require skills using word processing and software data packages. Other responsibilities will include reception duties such as meeting and greeting visitors, responding to enquiries and maintaining student records. As the first point of contact, the successful applicant should have a customer focus. You should also have excellent Information and Communications Technology (ICT) skills to help promote the school using relevant social media and school website.
Applicants with experience in the financial and human resource management of a school including the maintenance of facilities and recording and monitoring of assets and resources to assist the Manager Corporate Services will be highly regarded. Competence in the use of RM Billing, RM Finance and Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) is also desirable.
At Leeming SHS ESC our students thrive in an engaging and innovative learning environment. We have a dynamic school environment, our students come from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, a feature which serves to enrich our learning environment. We have a warm and welcoming school environment. Working with our community, we achieve our school vision to have a warm, welcoming and connected school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeming Senior High School Education Support Centre can be found by visiting leemingesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Keran Davies, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9237 6870 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Keran Davies on 0421705040
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 18 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.