Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS752176
Osborne Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, suitable applicants will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable, and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
Osborne PS is an Independent Public School that sets high expectations of all students to achieve both academically and socially. Our teaching and support staff, in partnership with families and the community ensure a Learning Environment to support a personal measured level of growth in all areas of development for each student.
At Osborne PS we have a long and proud history, and our proximity to central Perth attracts many young families to the area. Our school has a strong values program which is applied to everything we do. It includes respect, responsibility, resilience, do your best and honesty.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Osborne Primary School please visit osborneps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Alice Pearce, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9413 1700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Alice Pearce on 0427 812 216.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Tuesday, 5 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.