Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS746191
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Darling Range Sports College is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their dedicated team.
As a Library Officer, you will be responsible for the provision of reference information and maintaining the resources, environment, and associated services of the school resource centre to support the learning outcomes of students. The Library Officer also administers the library systems ensuring library records are up to date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are always accessible and available to students and staff.
The successful applicant will provide general clerical and library support, including preparing correspondence, booking all equipment and facilities, assisting with stocktaking and monitoring and ordering consumables. The Technology and Resource Centre is a multi-faceted area which includes the maintaining and issuing of Information Communication Technology (ICT) equipment for student use. You will ideally be a great library officer, who builds trust-filled, quality relationships with students, parents and staff. You should have the skills to be able to support and encourage the students to achieve the aims outlined in the Western Australian Curriculum.
Darling Range SC provides sporting programs in AFL, Athletics, Baseball, Basketball, Netball, Soccer, Swimming, Triathlon and Rugby. Complementing our sporting programs are extensive opportunities to participate in the Academic Challenge and Enrichment Program ‘ACES’, the Music Program, the Vocational Educational Program and the Arts Program.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Darling Range Sports College can be found by visiting www.darlingrangesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Rob Lawson, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9453 0100 or emailing Rob.Lawson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.