Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS755665
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Little Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a cleaner in charge to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including relief staff; purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources; maintenance of cleaning equipment; and undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team liaising with the Manager Corporate Services on cleaning matters with responsibility for locking and unlocking the school, including operating the security alarm system. You will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book.
As a team leader, you should ideally have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious and reliable worker, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. Ideally, you will be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school.
Little Grove PS commenced operations in 1997. We are a proud Independent Public School with a small-town feel located within the big rural city of Albany, Western Australia. Our proximity to both the pristine Princess Royal Harbour and surrounding bushland, make our school a very attractive place to learn and one that provides endless opportunities for its students to experience variety and success.
This is achieved through the diversity of our programs, the enthusiasm of our staff and the support of our wider school community. Our excellent reputation rests in our strong sense of partnership with the parents and community, the values we celebrate, our commitment to realising the potential of all students, and the provision of a balanced education that addresses the academic, social, emotional, and physical aspects of our students' lives.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Little Grove Primary School please visit www.littlegroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Amanda Bootsma, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Little Grove, by telephoning (08) 9845 9900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 19 Gordon St, Little Grove WA 6330 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 June 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.