Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP756682
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022 with possible extension (6 months) and/or permanency
Kaya and welcome to our school.
Marri Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dedicated and professional Deputy Principal who will work collaboratively within the Executive Team to provide educational leadership across the school.
The Deputy Principal will work closely with the Principal and members of the administration team to provide strategic and innovative educational leadership in the school and community. You will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities.
The successful applicant should have the capacity to work within a team and have a deep understanding of high impact teaching strategies. You will ideally have strong leadership and management skills with the ability to prioritise key tasks and to build capacity in others and also remain focussed on student needs.
It is highly desirable that the successful applicant has a high level of understanding of school operations, system data bases, curriculum leadership and ideally be able to display innovative and strategic employment of resources in a complex environment. The successful applicant will ideally understand trauma informed practice and display an ability to work effectively in this area.
Marri Grove PS is an Independent Public School that nurtures students in a safe and inclusive learning environment. Catering for children from Kindergarten to Year 6, our school is a key part of the growing Byford community. At Marri Grove PS we have high expectations for all children and we are focused on providing our students with every opportunity to succeed and develop the skills to become confident, lifelong learners.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Marri Grove Primary School can be found by visiting marrigroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact David Paine, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9526 4060 or emailing David.Paine@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.