Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS754390
This is a five (5) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Warnbro Community High School (WCHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Library Technician to join their team.
The successful applicant will provide an Information Communication Technology (ICT) service which includes online services, multimedia, audio visual equipment and digital equipment. They will create and maintain bibliographic records for Warnbro Community Library resources on library management system and assist the Community Librarian to promote the use of ICT applications equipment and resources to students, staff and community members.
At WCHS our vision statement is: ‘Our school community will work together to create a vibrant and nurturing environment where students have a strong sense of self-belief in achieving success now and in the future.’ Our Staff Motto is ‘To make a positive difference to the lives of young people.’ We provide a learning experience that acknowledges students for their individual skills to develop a sense of self-worth. We work with parents to encourage students to develop a sense of awareness about their own responsibilities as members of the school and the broader community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge and experience in library procedures, stock maintenance, copyright, interrogating databases and information access.
- Sound computer skills and experience in desktop publishing, preparing publications, reports and user training material.
- Experience in using library technology and equipment, computers, digital equipment, tablets and data projectors.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work independently and constructively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills, ability to think clearly and solve problems autonomously
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Warnbro Community High School please visit warnbro.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Carol Durant, Manager Corporate Services, by emailing Carol.Durant@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Carol Durant by email only on email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) pages page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- hold a diploma-level or equivalent qualification, conferring eligibility for library technician membership of the Australian Library and Information Association
- obtain a current department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by departmental policy
- complete the department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 13 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.