Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS755147
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Brookman Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic, efficient and conscientious Manager Corporate Services (MCS) who will become an integral member of our supportive school leadership team.
The MCS is responsible for the leadership of the School Support Staff team and the management of day to day financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's business operations.
You will ideally possess skills of strategic thinking and capacity building for the development of business systems and service provision. In collaboration with the Principal and the Executive Management Team, you will provide operational input to the development of school Business and Marketing Plans and monitor the school’s financial performance against the plans.
The successful applicant will oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage support staff. The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders and developing strong community relationships and links. You will ideally possess high-level oral, written and interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
You should possess the ability to problem solve and be proactive around operational aspects of the school office. The successful applicant will ideally have experience in the application of RM Finance and Assets, Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), Student Information System (SIS), information and communications technology (ICT) Dashboard and Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS). The successful applicant will ideally have sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
Our school boasts extensive grounds and excellent facilities. You will be part of a positive and supportive staff!
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices;
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills;
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures;
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems;
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans; and
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Brookman Primary School please visit brookmanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
Please contact Hans Geers, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9366 0990 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Hans Geers on 0407 080 747
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.