Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE755361
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
The Role and our Branch
The Pilbara Education Region (PERO) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and dedicated Participation Coordinator to be based in Newman.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will support school principals in the Karijini Network of Public Schools to provide early intervention, individual case management of, and brokerage support services to, compulsory senior school-aged year 10-12 students at risk of disengaging from an effective transition into appropriate education, training, and employment options. A key role to this position will be assisting young people to comply with the requirements of the Acts Amendment (Higher School Leaving Age and Related Provisions) Act 2005.
The Pilbara Education Region is one of eight regions in the Western Australian Department of Education (DOE). The PERO head office is located in Karratha and officers are located in schools throughout the Region. PERO staff support the work of schools by working closely with the school-based student services teams and agencies supporting young people.
The office is staffed with a Director of Education, Coordinator Regional Operations, Coordinator Regional Services and other officers who provide support to schools to deliver quality educational opportunities and outcomes for students in the diverse school and community settings across the Pilbara.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated considerable knowledge and experience of youth, education and training services, particularly in relation to at risk compulsory school-aged students.
- Demonstrated well developed conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated well developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, in diverse settings and with target groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relevant professional networks and negotiate successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated well developed organisational skills with the ability to use initiative to meet competing priorities
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Leah Vogler, Coordinator Regional Operations - Pilbara Education Region by telephoning (08) 9185 0111 or emailing Leah.Vogler@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
- undertake travel, including overnight stays in non-metropolitan locations, as required
- undertake travel in small aeroplanes to remote locations, as required
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Wednesday, 29 June 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.