Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS755758
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Caladenia Primary School (PS) is seeking a friendly and organised School Officer to join their welcoming and supportive team.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicant should have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
You should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages particularly databases and word processing.
At Caladenia PS we believe that values help shape the person. Students need relationships with the people around them, particularly their teachers. They need to know that they are valued and accepted. This is a strong underlying belief that the dignity and respect for our students is one of our prime aims. Our practices and processes will model and support this, forming a supportive environment for all students to thrive.
Caladenia PS is equipped with a specialist art/craft area, a canteen, a music room, a covered assembly area, library resource centre and administration and staff facilities. The school has state-of-the-art infrastructure with the latest information communication technology, with fibre-optic cabling linking all blocks.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Caladenia Primary School can be found by visiting caladeniaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ted Nastasi, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6258 9350 or emailing Edward.Nastasi@education.wa.edu.au
During the vacation period please contact Ted Nastasi, Principal, on 0422 389 189
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.