Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE756785
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Digital Communications Officer with fresh ideas and great communication skills to join our team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
Working as part of a team, you will use your skills to develop, coordinate and evaluate digital communications, including social media and website content creation. You will ideally have a passion for behavioural analytics and the ability to spot trends and formulate recommendations to stakeholders.
The successful applicant will be responsible for creating and scheduling social media and website content and reporting on campaign success. You will also keep user experience in mind when providing advice to business areas on structuring, writing and presenting online content. You will ideally have a proven track record in these areas as well as the ability to think both creatively and laterally.
We are looking for a confident communicator with a thorough understanding of social channels, who can monitor and moderate our content, and provide best practice advice. You will use these skills in providing high level advice and support in strategic activities across the Department to business units, regions and schools. Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will preferably have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
We are looking for someone who will model our work behaviours of being purposeful, connected, high performing and leading ethically. Our people are passionate about what they do. We want someone who values the work we do as well as everyone in the team.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated digital marketing skills with the knowledge and ability to develop and implement innovative and creative strategies.
3. Demonstrated highly developed skills and substantial experience in creating digital communications for a range of purposes and audiences.
5. Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills including campaign evaluation and report writing skills.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Kim Parkin, Principal Public Relations Coordinator by telephoning (08) 9264 4388 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 4 July 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.