Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA754423
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022.
A briefing for prospective applicants for current leadership vacancies at Bob Hawke College will be held on Wednesday, 22 June 2022 . Further information is available on Facebook.
Bob Hawke College is seeking to appoint a highly competent and enthusiastic Head of Learning Area (HOLA) – Technologies and Enterprise to join their friendly and supportive leadership team.
The HOLA - Technologies and Enterprise provides high quality leadership to staff within the Technologies and Enterprise learning area as well as work closely with the Principal and School Leadership Team to provide educational leadership across the school. This position requires a dynamic leader who can motivate and manage staff, lead the development of engaging curriculum, and contribute to the schools strategic and operational plans through strong leadership, collaborative processes, and extensive professional knowledge.
The HOLA is responsible for the creation of a positive and inclusive learning environment for all students, focussing on the development of the whole child. The successful applicant will ideally have the following attributes: They will be able to demonstrate care; be curious about learning and about learners; be invested in the College and the community; have a sense of humour; and be reflective of themselves and their practice.
Importantly, the HOLA - Technologies and Enterprise will envison the Learning Area pathways for Senior School, developing a connected approach to ensure that all students are successful in reaching their post – College goals.
The College has emerged as a central hub of the Subiaco east Redevelopment precinct with its innovative design and shared facilities. Bob Hawke College will deliver academic excellence in a learning environment that sets high standards in quality care for students. We aim to create experiences where students learn both about the world around them, and of themselves. We seek to develop local, national, and international partnerships, creating meaningful relationships to improve learning opportunities for our students. We are part of the fabric of Subiaco, with a commitment to excellence and equity.
The College is part of the exciting transformation of the area around Subiaco Oval which will become a new education, leisure, and residential destination close to Perth's CBD.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings.
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes.
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bob Hawke College can be found by visiting bobhawkecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Please consider the attached documents in applying for the position: The Bob Hawke College Business Plan 2021-23, and the OECD paper “What Makes a School a Learning Organisation?”
For further job related information:
Please contact John Burke, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9222 5600 or emailing John.Burke@education.wa.edu.au.
During the holiday period, please contact John Burke on 0427 083 997.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for three (3) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager, one being a peer, and one being a staff member reporting to you.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Thursday, 14 July 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED