Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS757210
Ashdale Secondary College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Semester 1, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Semester 1, 2023.
As the School Officer, you will be responsible for completing a wide range of administrative duties. Suitable applicants will ideally possess the ability to prioritise tasks and assist others whilst liaising with a range of visitors, students, and staff. It would be highly desirable for applicants to have a good working knowledge of SIS Integris, RM Billing, RM Finance, Assets, Resources, Hardcat, and SEQTA.
It would be valuable to have a detailed knowledge of word processing and data software packages, and be confident, organised, and approachable. The school officer undertakes administrative support duties, reception duties, faults, and assists with student related activities such as correspondence, enrolments, and student attendance records.
Specific experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas would be highly valued:
- Faults management
- Student Services – Attendance / Pastoral care
- Vocational Education Training / Workplace Learning
Ashdale SC is a distinctive, world class, educational community of excellence where all students are motivated to strive to achieve their best and to realise their potential in a values-rich environment. The focus of the college is on student engagement and wellbeing so that they feel valued at all times. The college measures its effectiveness through the achievement and character of our students and the integral part it plays in the community. A partnership founded on strong relationships between students, teachers, parents, and the community are the enduring platform upon which the college is built.
At Ashdale SC there is a clear focus on high standards of student achievement. Our purpose is to ensure that all students at Ashdale SC leave school well prepared for their future and have opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence they need to achieve their individual potential and play an active part in civic and economic life.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ashdale SC can be found by visiting ashdalesc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or by downloading the relevant attachment below.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jo Pecnik, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6207 1300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Jo Pecnik on 0467 710 001
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 6 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.