Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS754901
North Lake Senior Campus and South Metropolitan Regional Office Participation Team is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
North Lake Senior Campus provides a quality education for young people wanting to complete Year 11 and Year 12 in a different, unique and exciting adult campus. With an atmosphere more like a university or adult training institute than a traditional secondary school, North Lake Senior Campus offers opportunities for students to achieve university entry, gain an apprenticeship, trainee-ship or work. Located in Kardinya, North Lake Senior Campus is easily accessible through major bus routes and provides parking for students and staff.
North Lake Senior Campus are seeking dedicated and enthusiastic School Officers to join their team. As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The suitable applicants should have a friendly, positive, and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
The suitable applicants will need to work as part of the office team in a busy and dynamic school environment. Our students, staff and the wider community are a priority for the school so liaising respectfully and positively, at all times, is an important aspect of the role.
As our School Officer, your duties may include assisting the Manager Corporate Services to maintain the financial position of the school; handling front desk inquiries and collaborating with all staff on daily operations with integrity and confidentiality.
You should model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and use excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. The suitable applicants should have strong organisational skills, possess the ability to keep to timelines in their day to day working environment, and be a supportive, capable team member. Suitable applicants will ideally exhibit excellent organisational skills with the ability to efficiently meet deadlines, working autonomously or with other school support staff.
Ideally applicants will be experienced in using Schools Information System (SIS) Administration, Enrolments, RM Finance, RM Billing, Assets and Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS), Connect and MS Office suite of programs and have some social media/marketing and website experience.
Suitable applicants will also ideally have relevant experience and the capacity to undertake a wide range of support services to a high standard. A good understanding of relevant systems within a busy school business context is highly desirable. Suitable applicants will ideally be adaptable and ready to take on challenges and learn new skills.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Lake Senior Campus can be found by visiting northlake.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Anne Tims, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9314 0405 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.