Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS755300
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Are you an organised and motivated individual looking for a rewarding opportunity?
As the Manager of Corporate Services, you will ideally possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will assist when working with the leadership team, staff, parents and the wider community.
You will ideally use sound financial management skills and strategic administration including responsibility for ensuring all audit requirements are followed. The successful applicant should provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting within the school and ideally possess an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines.
The successful applicant will ideally be an experienced administrator, with clear knowledge of how the Manager Corporate Services role impacts and is guided by the school improvement model. This includes working within the leadership team in a strategic space around the workforce planning and the targeted use of resources.
Established in 1914, our school is the focal point of the Watheroo township which is located 38km north of Moora on the Midlands Road. Watheroo PS is a friendly, community minded school with students at the heart of all our decision making. We are proud to offer local families quality education within a caring, engaging and stimulating environment where all students receive individual attention and guidance.
At Watheroo PS, we have established effective learning spaces that are inviting, friendly and safe. Our staff are experienced, well qualified, active community members who deliver a range of unique learning opportunities and work in collaboration to build the capacity of each individual child. Improving the literacy and numeracy of every student is at the forefront of all our planning, and staff work hard to adjust their programs to meet the targeted need of students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Watheroo Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Marita Henry, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Watheroo, by telephoning (08) 6617 1500 or emailing Marita.Henry@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Monday, 27 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.