Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS756131
Piara Waters Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
The smooth functioning of the front office is essential to the organisation of the school and to support the staff to provide high quality teaching in every classroom. Our School Officers provide a daily service to parents, staff and students. This is a key priority, in addition to the corporate services functions of the team.
Suitable applicants will work as part of a dedicated team in a busy administration. They will ideally have experience in providing high levels of customer service, have a broad range of clerical skills and be a supportive and flexible team member.
Suitable applicants will be responsible for supporting the Manager Corporate Services in administering the financial, physical and human resources of the school, whilst upholding confidentiality.
A range of School Officer positions will be filled from this pool, ensuring the team has a diverse cross section of skills. Experience with Schools Information System (SIS) Integris; student enrolments; faults management; RM Finance; RM Billing; QKR! Application; desktop publishing; mail merges; event management; website management; records management systems; and/or purchasing are favourable. The capacity to learn quickly, have an attention to detail, initiative and a willingness to improve processes are highly desirable skills, as is the capacity to move within a range of roles across the team.
Piara Waters PS opened in February 2012 catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located in the suburb of Piara Waters (South Metropolitan Education Region). As an Independent Public School, we utilise the flexibilities afforded to us, to ensure the highest possible outcomes for students. Every decision is focused on every classroom, and every student, every day. You will love working at Piara Waters PS and we will love working with you.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Piara Waters Primary School can be found by visiting www.piarawatersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kelly Rayner, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 4300 or emailing Kelly.Rayner@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 June, 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.