Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS753690
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2022
Comet Bay College (CBC) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Home Economics Assistant to join their friendly team.
Under the direction of the teacher, the Home Economics Assistant will assist in the delivery of planned education programs and implement individual and small group programs or demonstrations.
The successful applicant will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assist the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. You should have a good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety protocols and be required to check all equipment and report any discrepancies to the Home Economics Teacher.
The successful applicant will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and school excursions along with assisting with the general care and wellbeing of students. You will ideally possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with students and teaching professionals on a regular basis and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Comet Bay College is a modern, state of the art educational facility catering for students in Year 7 to Year 12. The college is situated in the coastal community of Secret Harbour, 64 kilometres from Perth and draws from a large demographic of students. Our motto is 'Seek Excellence' and this underpins everything we do. Students are encouraged to perform to their highest standard and while academic achievement is promoted, outstanding effort is also celebrated, because true excellence is a constant quest for improvement. We understand each student has individual needs and dreams and our dedicated staff work hard to provide supportive and caring learning environments to ensure all students can strive to be the best they can be.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- the ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Comet Bay College can be found by visiting www.cometbaycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jennifer Tarr, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9553 8102 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 July 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.