Advertised Vacancy Number: PR755394
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2022
About the Role
The successful applicant will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a school culture that promotes positive relationships between students and between students and staff, and, engaging parents and the wider community in the educational work of the school. The Principal is responsible for being innovative and creative in the establishment of systems and structures to foster academic development and improvements in social and emotional development for students, as well as engaging a diverse school community in the educational programs of the school. They will possess a commitment to continuous school improvement and development of the instructional program, particularly the pedagogy of beginning teachers, and building networks with other agencies, other schools, and services in the community to benefit school programs.
The Principal supports the Department’s objectives for the public education and training of students in Western Australia. The role of the Principal is to lead and manage the planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students in a community through the deployment of resources provided by the Department of Education and the school community.
Goomalling Primary School is located in the Goomalling Shire, situated 136 kms north east of Perth with Northam being its nearest major town, located 46kms away. The school currently cater for 50 students from Kindergarten through to Year 6 with a focus on student centred learning. Our school operates three classes comprising of an Kindy/Pre-Primary - Year 1, Year 2 - 4 and Year 5 - 6.
The school offers positive and challenging teaching programs which allow all students to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become confident independent learners.
For additional information about Goomalling Primary School please visit GoomallingPS.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to address the following selection criteria and demonstrate the five professional practises particular to the role of a Principal. You will also be expected to illustrate your capacity in the three leadership requirements “vision and values, knowledge and understanding, and personal qualities, social and interpersonal skills” as identified and detailed in the Australian Professional Standard for Principals:
- Effective leadership in teaching and learning
- Developing self and others
- Leading improvement, innovation and change
- Leading the management of the school
- Engaging and working with the community
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria identified in the Job Description Form (JDF) for the position. The business needs and context of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached JDF.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Doug Cook, Director of Education, by phoning (08) 9622 0200 or emailing Douglas.Cook@education.wa.edu.au.
(Please do not email applications to this email address)
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the school and Region;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 8317.
Further information on how to apply is available via the attachments below.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation Course;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
All appointees to Principal positions longer than 6 months in duration who have not completed 6 months or more in a WA public school principal role prior to January 2015 will be required to satisfactorily complete all Principal Eligibility Modules. The Principal Eligibility Modules which are completed online must be completed within 6 months of commencement in a principal role.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 14 July 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED