Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS757562
Atwell College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Business Support Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
The Business Support Officer role at Atwell College has a strong focus on both finance and human resource management. Knowledge of departmental policies in Finance and Human Resources, Recruitment Management Advertising System (RAMS) and Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS), RM Finance, RM Billing, Assets and EOM procedures will be well regarded. The position will also provide support to the Manager Corporate Services in financial management of the college's business operations and systems as well as assist with the administration of the schools facilities and organisation of staff. Suitable applicants should be able to prioritise tasks effectively, work well under pressure and ideally have a strong knowledge of Microsoft suite products including Microsoft excel.
Suitable applicants should display a focus on teamwork, self-motivation and initiative as well as model effective customer service, administrative support and service delivery in order to assist the college in meeting its corporate and strategic business goals. They should also have excellent communication and organisational skills.
The Business Support Officer is fundamental to the administrative operation of the College and should possess excellent interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously. With keen attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible, Business Support Officers will assist the Manager Corporate Services with a variety of projects including: the provision of senior human resource advice and coordination; the provision of senior finance advice and coordination; assistance with writing and submitting grant applications; coordination of office functions; coordinating relief for allied professional staff; and the provision of administrative support for the various systems used by the College including uploading student data to external agencies.
The Business Support Officer should have the ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. As a Business Support Officer you should be able to effectively prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure with high level accuracy and attention to detail, whilst providing high level assistance for finance and/or human resource matters.
Atwell College is a modern and progressive government secondary school in the suburb of Atwell, south of the Perth metropolitan area. The college has grown with the area and now accommodates approximately 1400 students from within the Atwell College intake area. Our combined purpose is to provide every student the opportunity to maximise their learning, achieve their potential and transition into a meaningful post school pathway in a safe, supportive and engaging learning environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Atwell College can be found by visiting www.atwellcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Fiona Wilson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6174 2200 or emailing Fiona.Wilson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 1 July 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.