Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE754897
This is an eleven (11) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension and/or permanency
The Role and our Branch
Examinations Logistics ECT are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Consultant - Special Provisions to their team.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The successful applicant will review and implement policy and procedures for students with diagnosed disability in timed assessments in designated Year 12 ATAR course examinations in accordance with School Curriculum and Standards Authority policy, practices and timelines. They will contribute to the strategic planning and formulation of the process for determining reasonable adjustments to standard examination conditions, provision of specialised examination materials and allocation of candidates to examination centres for designated Year 12 ATAR course and Interstate Language examinations. The Senior Consultant is responsible for assisting with the recruitment, appointments and training and supervision of specialist contract personnel required for the consideration of special provision applications for the designated Year 12 course examinations.
The Examinations, Certification and Testing (ECT) directorate is responsible for implementing the logistics for the delivery of Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) course examinations and implementing the logistics for delivery of Externally Set Tasks (EST). ECT is responsible for developing and maintaining strategies to acknowledge student performance including the development of online exam structures.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge of trends, initiatives and reforms in education related to the conduct of timed assessments and curriculum in the context of the Western Australian Certificate of Education and Year 12 ATAR course examinations.
- Demonstrated experience in collecting, assuring, analysing and reporting data in an educational context.
- Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills, with a proven ability to deliver outcomes on schedule in a demanding environment within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to generate appropriate procedures and strategies to address issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to consult and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Barclay Jones, Manager Examination Logistics ECT by telephoning (08) 9273 6309 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised teaching qualification
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 24 June 2022.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.