Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS754129
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Margaret River Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Principal.
Margaret River PS is a large school with nearly 800 enrolled students located in a picturesque setting with established gardens. There is strong community support for the school, where parents and the local community actively assist in school activities. The school motto is Effort, Excellence, Achievement and students have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of specialist areas in and out of school to complement the core learning curriculum. The school offers unique programs in Music, Art, Indonesian, Science, Media and the Physical Education program that includes surf lessons.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Margaret River PS please visit www.mriverps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Karen James, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Margaret River, by telephoning (08) 9757 8504 or emailing Karen.James@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Karen James on 0418 932 927
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees.
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception [91-97 Forrest Road Margaret River WA 6285] before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 July 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.