Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS755433
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Edgewater Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. They will also ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets, and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
We are an Independent Public School and provide our students with a caring environment and encouraging students to strive for excellence in all aspects of their academic and personal development.
Students access school buildings that are fully air-conditioned and surrounded by shaded gardens with covered seating and ample play areas, including a large oval, basketball courts, undercover area and a school canteen.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Edgewater Primary School please visit edgewaterps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kathy Dean, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6207 3200 or emailing Kathy.Dean@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.