Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS750905
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Mount Barker Community College is seeking to appoint an energetic and motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Cleaner in Charge and join their friendly and supportive team.
The successful applicant will ideally be a conscientious worker able to assist the Cleaner in Charge with ensuring all facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures. The Assistant Cleaner in Charge assists with all daily operations, including the coordination of cleaning staff tasks, inductions and on the job training for new staff, and assisting with the opening and closing of the school.
Additionally, they will undertake the cleaning of internal and external areas of the College and will need to have current knowledge of cleaning equipment, processes, and techniques. They will need extensive knowledge of the duties of cleaning a large school including vacation cleaning routines. They will also be required to supervise a team of cleaning staff in their area of responsibility. The successful applicant will ideally have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to engage with staff from diverse backgrounds. Understanding of safety standards and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) is highly desirable.
Mount Barker Community College is a proud Independent Public School with a long history of strong community connections and success for our students. We pride ourselves on supporting personal excellence in our students through quality teaching, and we are active in seeking opportunities for enrichment through clubs, camps, excursions and community service. The goal of building a strong community underpins our activities to involve parents and community members in supporting our students' learning both in and beyond our college. We promote a friendly, welcoming environment to ensure our school is a great place to be.
Established in 2008, our school was born from the community belief that the educational needs of our students would be better served by catering for Kindergarten to Year 12 students. It was formed by joining the former Mount Barker Primary School (Est. 1921) and the former Mount Barker Senior High School (Est. 1962). We extend the opportunities for our community's children right across the spectrum from pre-kindy programs, with the Child Health Centre on campus, right through their learning journeys to individualised pathways in our senior school utilising our Registered Training Organisation status.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mount Barker Community College please visit www.mountbarkercommunitycollege or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Charlene Holmes, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mount Barker, by telephoning (08) 9851 5800 or emailing Charlene.Holmes@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception: 23 Woogenellup Road, Mount Barker, WA, 6324 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 30 June 2022
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED