Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS750376
Tom Price Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistant for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2023.
As Mainstream Education Assistants you will assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds. In this role you should collaborate and work well in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as the ability to support general health and well-being of students. As a suitable applicant you should be organised and be able to use your initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
Staff are fully committed to supporting students in their academic, social and emotional achievements. The school is committed to providing quality, focused educational experiences to all students. It is expected that suitable applicants will maintain our safe, transparent, collaborative and caring culture, upholding our strong ethos and moral purpose as a school for all. Building strong citizens, strong community and strong culture.
Tom Price is located in the Pilbara (close to Karijini National Park). The town's community is very proactive, we have great kids, families and school. The town has two Primary Schools and a Senior High School. The main employers in town are Rio Tinto, Sodexo, Health, Education, Contractors and Local Government.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Tom Price Primary School can be found by visiting www.tpps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Julie Watson, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price, by telephoning (08) 9188 3000 or emailing Julienne.Watson@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Julie Watson on 0477 708 888.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4)pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 19 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.