Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA750682
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2022
Coodanup College is seeking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Program Coordinator to join their leadership team.
This position will be a blend of portfolios: Student Services focusing on leading year groups; and, Teaching and Learning leading the school in its focus on high expectations and achievement. To be successful in this role, you should be a passionate educator, committed to making a difference in the lives of young people. As the successful applicant you will ideally possess exceptional interpersonal, organisational and management skills to complement your outstanding leadership capabilities. You should have the capacity to develop innovative programs and review school processes where evidence-based decision making will be regular practice.
Coodanup College is a caring learning environment where we support our students to strive for excellent standards of achievement and behaviour. Located in south-eastern Mandurah, our college caters for students in Years 7-12. Through our motto 'Explore, Dream, Discover', our College is known for encouraging our students to explore through their learning, dream about what they want to achieve at school and beyond, and discover ways to be the best they can be. At Coodanup College our vision is to Explore, Dream and Discover. We nurture our students to have strong self-belief in achieving success now and in the future. We provide a vibrant and inclusive learning environment for all students.
The successful applicant will have a role in leading year groups through promoting the Positive Behaviour School (PBS) values: We will learn, We will be fair, We will be proud, and We will be safe throughout the classrooms and our community. They should have a capacity to build positive relationships with students, staff and the broader community. They should also be an agile leader who can function in a Student Services and Curriculum leadership position. They should be committed to actively supporting the growth of the school’s positive culture. The successful applicant should be dedicated, innovative and proactive in ensuring that the student services team provides students, parents and teachers with outstanding service. Skills and experience working in a pastoral care capacity is highly desirable.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other fixed term or permanent vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Coodanup College can be found by visiting coodanup.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Fleur Henry, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 0409 505 394 or emailing Fleur.Higginbotham@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related requirement, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to
- commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 13 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.