Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP748910
This is an eighteen (18) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
Margaret River Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dynamic and high performing secondary leader who is adaptable, team orientated and improvement driven to be part of the school’s senior executive team. Suitable applicants will be versatile and committed to student achievement as well as being willing to commit to the school community.
As a member of the senior executive team the successful applicant will establish and maintain collaborative and respectful relationships within the school community, ensuring students’ needs are met. We are seeking an individual who is committed to achieving the best outcome for students with ranging abilities.
The successful applicant will ideally be highly motivated with developed leadership experience within their role. We are seeking someone who possesses excellent organisational skills, has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and has the capacity to lead and promote the school’s pedagogical framework.
As a Deputy Principal you would oversee the learning and teaching strategic direction, manage technology used in the classroom including our Bring Your Own Device program and coordinate reporting processes and compliance according the Department of Education policies. Within this role there would also be a responsibility to the lower year levels’ Behaviour Management Information System and curriculum and to initiate innovative programs to develop 21st century learning skills across the school.
The purpose of our school is to ensure that the academic, creative, social and personal potential of each student develops to the highest possible level. Margaret River SHS is an Independent Public School which is an integral part of the Augusta- Margaret River community. Founded in 1952, the school has a rich history of student success and achievement. This tradition is upheld with a continued commitment to the achievement of personal and academic excellence.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Margaret River Senior High School can be found by visiting www.margaretrivershs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrew Host, Principal by telephoning (08) 9757 0700 or emailing Andrew.Host@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Andrew Host on 0418 945 347.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 July 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.