Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS742804
Gingin District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2023.
As a Cleaner your responsibilities will include carrying out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, bathroom cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you will also perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner In Charge.
The suitable applicants will ideally be friendly, welcoming, and able to work well both individually and as part of an effective team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants should have good attention to detail, be organised and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods, and practices. The suitable applicants should be reliable, punctual, efficient and a team player.
Our school vision is to create an uplifting and positive school community where all students succeed. We deliver a relevant curriculum for our students by balancing academic achievement with other areas of endeavour including STEM, the Arts, Physical Education and Horticulture. Our ongoing success is demonstrated through the positive student results we achieve and the awards that our school has won over many years.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Gingin District High School please visit gingin.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kevin Brady, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9575 5300 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application,
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 1 Daw Street Gingin WA 6503 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Friday, 3 June 2022
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED