Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS IPS/SS748338
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Merredin College is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of School Officer to provide administrative support to the Secondary Student Services team. This is a job share position working Monday and Tuesday 8am to 4pm.
The successful applicant will ideally have an understanding of computer hardware and systems with the ability to use a range of software packages. Experience with Integris, Compass, MGM Outreach, and Consent to Go would be desirable. The ability to generate a wide range of documents and publications is highly desirable.
You will ideally have previous experience in a customer service role incorporating cash handling responsibilities and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information. As a School Officer at Merredin College, you will ideally possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to multitask with developing financial management skills.
Merredin College is a lighthouse Kindergarten to Year 12 rural school located 256 kilometres east of Perth in the Central Wheatbelt. Our rigorous yet supportive teaching programs encourage students to become independent learners. Literacy and Numeracy are priorities with programs in place to support the needs of all students. Information Communication and Technology (ICT) is embedded to ensure students learn in a contemporary environment and leave our school with the skills required to function well in the 21st Century.
Please also note no accommodation is provided with the position and the private rental market in Merredin is very limited. Please assess your housing requirements prior to applying for the position.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Merredin College can be found by visiting www.merredincollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Janelle Lane, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Merredin, by telephoning (08) 9041 7520 or emailing Janelle.Lane@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment;
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy; and
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 7 June 2022.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.