Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS749440
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2022
Are you looking for a challenging yet exciting opportunity?
Yuna Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated and capable Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join their collaborative team.
As the MCS, the successful applicant will work closely with the Principal to establish and be responsible for the financial, physical and human resource processes of the school. The successful applicant will oversee the business operations and work collaboratively with the leadership team to recruit, supervise and manage support staff.
The successful applicant will ideally have the ability to work in a collaborative team environment committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders and developing strong community relationships and links. You should possess outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
Yuna PS is situated approximately 530km from Perth and 80km North East of Geraldton in the Mid-West district. Yuna is a very small town consisting of a school, community centre, shire hall, CWA hall, tennis courts and golf course and clubroom.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yuna Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Roseanne Ullrich, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Yuna, by telephoning (08) 9985 4100 or emailing Roseanne.Ullrich@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 1 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.