Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS750641
Forrestdale Primary School is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners In Charge (CIC) for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2022 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2022 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2023.
Our CIC will take pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within our workplace whilst ensuring school facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with Department of Education procedures. The CIC is responsible for leading and managing cleaning staff including relief staff, the purchasing and stocktake of cleaning resources, maintenance of cleaning equipment and undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You will need to coordinate and participate in vacation cleaning duties, which may include new generation vinyl cleaning, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of veranda’s and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You should have pride in your work, and as a member of the cleaning team, keep our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy. You will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book.
Suitable applicants will ideally possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising staff. You should be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace, in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school.
Forrestdale Primary School is tucked away on Broome Street, behind Armadale Road. Surrounded by native bushland and small rural holdings, we are fortunate to enjoy a peaceful and attractive learning environment, within walking distance of Forrestdale Lake Nature Reserve.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Forrestdale Primary School please visit forrestdaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Leah Brown, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 8100 or emailing Leah.Bickley@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A one to two (1–2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 May 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.