Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS749588
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2022
Gnowangerup District High School (DHS) is seeking a dedicated and organised Education Assistant - Mainstream to join their friendly team.
As a Education Assistant - Maistream you will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs. In this role you will ideally be able to collaborate and work in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as display the ability to support general health and well-being of students. The successful applicant will ideally be organised and be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes.
At Gnowangerup DHS, the purpose of our school community is to provide a stimulating and caring environment which creates the opportunity for each child to develop to their full potential.
The school whilst small is innovative, supportive, and a great place to work. Gnowangerup DHS is an Independent Public school and a major strength of this school is the strong links and partnerships with parents and the broader community.
Our School Motto is: We believe in the unconditional positive regard for all and We are dedicated to learning, equity, excellence, and care.
Located in the town of Gnowangerup, 350 km south east of Perth, near the Stirling Ranges, Gnowangerup DHS is in Noongar country, and we enjoy warm and collaborative relationships with our Noongar community. Established in 1908, the school opened its doors at its current location, and now has a diverse student population of students from Kindergarten to Year 10. Gnowangerup is the centre for the farms in the district and more recently, the site of a number of industries.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gnowangerup District High School can be found by visiting www.gnowangerupdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job-related information:
You are encouraged to contact Fiona Gaze, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Gnowangerup, by telephoning (08) 9827 3300 or emailing Fiona.J.Gaze@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work-Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to one (1) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for various occupations and workforces in WA. Employees working in, or attending school sites are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the policy. More information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au)
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 7 June 2022
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.